MusicHarbor is an app that helps you stay on top of new music releases, music videos, events and news from all your favorite artists and record labels.
It does that by integrating with your Apple Music and Spotify, and reading all the artists from your library. You can follow these artists and labels in the app, and it will aggregate a chronologically ordered list of new music releases for you.
You don't need an Apple Music or Spotify account to use the app though, as it supports adding artists and record labels by manually searching as well.
- Track everything: new and upcoming music releases, music videos, interviews and live performances, events, news about the artist and album reviews.
- Import artists: from Apple Music, Spotify, and from your local music library.
- Integrate with your music streaming service: add songs to your Apple Music or Spotify library and playlists, and open the items in the app. Redirect natively to the Music and Spotify app, or to dozens of different services using Songlink integration.
- Filter releases by type: choose which types of releases you want to know about: full albums, singles, EPs, remixes, live performances and acoustic albums.
- Widgets: see the latest and upcoming releases right from your home screen. You can also fully customize the widget's colors so they look good no matter how your home screen is designed.
- Siri Shortcuts: manage your MusicHarbor library using custom actions in the Shortcuts app. Use the app's built-in gallery of shortcuts to create your own.
- iCloud Syncing: your artists, record labels and releases are synced to all iOS, iPadOS and macOS devices using the same iCloud account.
- iPhone, iPad and Mac: you can use MusicHarbor on your favorite device, because it is available on both App Store and Mac App Store with optimized versions for each platform.
- Latest technologies support: MusicHarbor is constantly updated and supports the latest iOS, iPadOS and macOS features, such as dark mode, cursor and keyboard support, context menus, spotlight search, widgets, iPadOS sidebar, iCloud sync, dynamic type and more.
- Privacy focused: you don't need an account to use the app, and all your data is processed locally on device.
You can download all images at once by clicking here. But feel free to right-click any images bellow to save an individual, full-resolution screenshot as well:
MusicHarbor is a free app with in-app purchases to unlock additional features. It is a universal app for iPhone, iPad and Mac. And here's the available items for purchase, with their prices:
- Unlock everything: $5.99
- Filter releases by type: $2.99
- Appearance: $1.99
- App Icon: $1.99
- Follow Recod Labels: $1.99
- Formatting: $0.99
Original Release Date
November 21, 2018.
Latest updates and new features
Version 4.3.0 (released June 16, 2021) brings the ability to follow record labels. It also adds DuckDuckGo as a news source option, and adds a link to search for an artist's events in the Songkick website.
Version 4.2.4 (released March 23, 2021) brings many improvements and bug fixes. Like the ability to hide featurings from the feed of releases, and choosing your preferred streaming service directly on the album screen. Here's a thread with some of the improvements.
About the development
MusicHarbor is developed by me, Marcos Tanaka. It started as a simple iPhone app to track new music releases on Apple Music. Since the release of version 1.0 the app has gained a lot of features, growing and becoming a more complete solution for music enthusiasts who want to be on top of everything their favorite artists are doing.
Feel free to send me an email with any questions you may have.